How can I prevent false alarms?
Home security alarms not only help to discourage burglars from breaking into your home, but they also give you an added peace of mind. Help reduce the burden placed on police departments responding to false alarms when real crimes are being committed elsewhere.
Help prevent false alarms by following the checklist below.
- Be comfortable with using your system
- Know what happens when a panic button is pushed
- Consider who should have access to your home and make sure they know your code and how to use the alarm
- Test your system monthly
- Always keep your emergency contact list up to date
- Be aware of typical triggers, like securing all doors and windows before arming your system and that pets can set off motion detectors
- Replace your batteries; check your manufacturer’s instructions for how often
- Call us before you remodel
- Cover your smoke detectors during construction, building repairs, and major cleaning